Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Tiny Seoul

Now that I've had a chance to settle in, I really like my apartment here at Alps Seoul Guest House.





My favorite thing about my apartment is the picture that is taped to the bathroom door of a much nicer apartment.



The toilet is really technologically advanced--it lights up, it's heated, and it has a bunch of mystery buttons on the side console. I almost lost an eye and flooded the bathroom experimenting with what turned out to be the bidet function.




Here is my street.







My pet eels.




Here is my neighborhood, Myeong-dong.









The closest grocery store is in the basement of a really fancy department store, Shinsegae. There is a Tiffany's branch right when you walk in, then you go down a few stairs and you're surrounded by dried fish.









And here is my street at night.





1 comment:

  1. Val, I remember those toilets from our trip to Japan. Very high-tech, no doubt very luxurious, if you could only figure out what all the buttons did! Labels in Japanese were not much help.

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete